The internet has made it possible to do almost everything online, making it the best tool for any process.
This holds for almost all areas, even business. The current user is more independent and knowledgeable than customers who are used to it. They can search for information, compare products, and generally move through the network.
This is why it is essential to consider the online presence of a company. What image can they project? How do you position yourself in the market? Furthermore, as a consumer, do you trust brands that don’t have the proper positioning?
Therefore, it is essential to create strategies that are oriented towards this area to get the best out of it. Digital marketing has many advantages.
You are not the only one!
Digital marketing has many advantages. What are your favourite?
The network can be used to position, grow and diffuse a brand. It’s important to remember that most potential customers are on the internet. It’s about earning their trust and capturing them.
Among the main advantages of digital marketing are
1. It can be measured in 100 percent of cases, which allows for better decision-making
If you are running a digital marketing campaign, Everything can be measured. It is possible to determine the strategy’s impact, which sector it had and the return on investment (ROI).
These results can be obtained instantly and through user interactions, which is not possible in traditional advertising.
Digital marketing tools allow us to identify if conversions or results are declining quickly. We can then take appropriate action.
Information is always available and easily measurable.
What are the most common measures in digital marketing? These are just a few examples.
- Current position of keywords in the SERP
- The number of visitors and their behaviour during sessions (duration, bounce rate, number of unique visitors, devices used etc.).
- What is the blog content most liked? How many visits has it received, its organic position, and how often it is shared on social media.
- Analyzing the performance of online advertising campaigns, or CTAs (call-to-action), is especially important. The conversion rate (CTR) is a unique analysis.
- Conversions: Subscriptions, downloads and completed forms, purchase…
We won’t miss this opportunity, will we?
Furthermore, data collection and interpretation can help us make better decisions. However, it is essential to know what to look out for.
Good measurement tools can make it easy to lose focus and feel overwhelmed by all the information available. Web analytics warns us about this when it emphasizes the importance of the CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization).
We explained that to create the best business actions, it is essential to analyze the current state of the business. This includes how conversions are generated, how users behave on the internet, who is willing to sell, and so on. This is what it looks like.
Thus, if we apply the CRO concept, we will be using measurement and analytics to achieve our objectives, increase the capture of leads and, ultimately, improve conversions intelligently.
This will allow us to determine the foundation of our digital marketing strategies and make changes to campaigns that did not work as we expected.
2. It is crucial
Digital marketing provides information that is both immediate and measurable. This allows you to modify the strategy as often as you need to increase results. This is called “pivoting”.
Online marketing allows us to try many different things in a concise amount of time. Furthermore, online marketing doesn’t mean that a campaign has to be over to make changes or improve the work being done. It can be done right away!
Today’s digital marketers are so skilled that they can:
- Analyze the reasons and causes for why specific actions don’t produce optimal results.
- Analyze the KPIs (Key Performace Indicators) to redirect each case’s most convenient strategies and tactics.
- Maximize and allocate the time and resources that are needed to expand business opportunities.
About Key Performance Indicators
This context will help you understand that key performance indicators or KPIsThese are the metrics we associate with Quantifiable goals. These objectives are defined as soon as we begin to work on a marketing plan. This allows us to understand how to act and reap the benefits of digital marketing.
When selecting a KPI, Remember the old saying, “Less is more”. It is indeed easier to make changes and improve if you only focus on a few KPIs than if you try to control too many data points and apply multiple changes all at once. Slowly! You will feel overwhelmed, and everything will become chaos.
If Facebook Ads campaigns are not getting enough clicks, we can modify the targeting, creative, copy, and call to action. To see which exchange rates work, only test one at a given time and then make improvements.
3. Flexibility and dynamism
Digital marketing offers flexibility and dynamism, unlike other methods due to its trial-and-error nature and ease of reorienting. It is crucial that your company can adapt to external and internal changes.
How do we do it?
The right technology is essential to work on digital marketing effectively and analyze the business process online.
It is crucial to have marketing software that allows you to be autonomous and agile and optimize your results. Proof of this is HubSpot, which with its Marketing Hub tool provides us with numerous functionalities to visualize the metrics that interest us, promote the conversion of leads and see everything that is happening on the web or in the marketing campaigns executed.
Many other tools can be used to achieve your goals, and HubSpot isn’t the only tool available. It is an important decision that you must make. I suggest you download one of our ebooks. Here you will find 10 of the most popular marketing automation tools. With its characteristics and a comparison
We will be studying the following tools in the downloadable:
- Active Campaign
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- HubSpot Marketing Hub
- RD Station Marketing
- Salesforce Pardot
- Marketo Engage
- Oracle Eloqua Marketing Automation
- Zoho CRM
- Sugar CRM (Sugar Market)
It is essential to understand the market dynamics as quickly as possible and then execute marketing strategies in record time. This is important!
4. It’s cheaper than other methods
In financial terms, digital marketing is quite accessible. The strategies are cheaper than traditional channels like television, radio, or the press.
Because traditional strategies have a higher investment cost or starting point, it is a better option. Although digital marketing is gaining more attention, it cannot be compared with traditional media campaigns.
The second is the budget for a digital marketing campaign. They are elastic and can be adjusted. They can do this by combining it with other resources. Any company can reach their Even small businesses can benefit from this; traditional marketing, however, is expensive, mainly when it involves large channels. Only a few companies can afford this.
As we mentioned, everything can be measured and pivotable in a campaign with these characteristics. Therefore, it is not necessary to spend large sums of money to see if the results are what you expected.
- Better segmentation
Segmenting an action can help you to understand your buyer persona. __S.104__ You can use digital marketing to do a more targeted segmentation.
- Depending on what the customer did (open content, click on an email or receive a product), this will determine how much you are charged.
- Based on their status: client or potential client, old customer, supplier, collaborators, lead, qualified leader, follower, subscriber etc.
- Based on an interest: Those who are interested in a particular topic, etc.
- Depending on whether they have completed a form.
- It all depends on how many pages they have seen.
About the buyer persona
You are well aware of the importance to define your buyer persona accurately. This is the foundation on which you will build your marketing plan. We want to clarify some things.
Who is the buyer?
The buyer persona, or the customer archetype we create for a company based upon the ideal customer profile, is what we call the buyer persona. We take into consideration your sociodemographic information, your shopping habits, and your online behaviour.
Why is it important?
It is currently considered to be one of the pillars of inbound marketing. Knowing the demographics of our target audience allows us to develop better strategies and how to draw them towards our goals.
How can you use it in your digital marketing campaigns
This buyer persona is identified during a specific purchasing process. We can then establish behaviour patterns. It would help if you also created a content type for each stage of the buying process. We know how to reach potential clients and segment them so that our marketing campaigns are tailored to their needs.
Even if you create great content and have the resources to promote it, your buyer persona won’t read you, and you won’t be able to achieve your goals.
6. You can create branding
Did you know that digital marketing techniques can make it easy to be present online? Your brand’s direct and indirect impacts on the world Branding What is it? It is an asset that helps users remember the information. Remember that the message you send out speaks volumes about your values, culture, and credibility.
Your future clients won’t generate expectations if you don’t appear online through your website or social networks. They will also not trust your products and services.
We create digital marketing actions that have an immediate effect and build a vital brand asset. This is important!
7. Create a community
You can also create an audience through digital marketing. Users of this community share a common interest in the same content as you. Apart from your brand, having your community allows you to interact with potential customers and customers directly. Seize it!
These are just a few examples of brands with community blogs:
- Lego, with Lego Ideas
- Sephora features the Beauty Insider Community Blog
- Loctite Teroson, with its Blog of the Workshop Professionals
These companies are undoubtedly able to enhance the customer experience and increase customer loyalty.
They don’t have to view you as a profiteer but rather as focused on providing a solution and helping others. This is directly related to what we already know. Inbound Customer Service This is a process that provides customer service and resolves any doubts. This helps customers and builds a community that everyone who takes an interest in the brand will appreciate.
- It is permanent and omnipresent.
Every piece of content we create is an asset to the company. However, this does not mean we can only take one action. It is vital to be flexible. We used to fight for space and paid for it; now, we fight for consumers’ attention. The internet allows you to be anywhere. Although borders are not broken, it is difficult to grab the attention of users.
What are the benefits of digital marketing?
Digital marketing isn’t just a trend. It also has a significant impact on the business processes we create for companies in the commercial sector. It’s a tool. Sometimes, it is more.
- The web is where prospects and clients find us. They are constantly giving their opinions, and it is essential to communicate directly with them. The user searches the internet for information and trusts it. Users’ opinions have real influence (blog articles, user comments, users who share their experiences, etc.). You can find out more at
- It is insufficient to have a website that has not been updated. The web should not be used as a business card. Instead, it should be used as a communication channel and an information channel that has value.
- Digital marketing strategies can help us not only to be more successful but also to increase our sales. Attract new users But also to These users can be converted into loyal customers.
- Digital marketing is not just for large companies. It is valid for all. It’s valid for everyone. It is an excellent opportunity for small- and medium-sized businesses to compete in the market and win. It is not about space anymore, but attention. The user is looking for value and helpful information.
Now that you have an idea of the benefits of digital marketing and some of its essential characteristics, it is time to start creating your strategy. But then, it’s time to put it into practice! Do you dare?